Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP250 Steel Wheels

Rach250

SP250 Steel Wheels

Post by Rach250 »

Looking for a set of correct steel wheels for our SP250, we will need a minimum of 4.
It is currently fitted with TR6 wheels which are not to our taste, so if anyone has a set that needs a good home -----

John-B
Site Admin

Re: SP250 Steel Wheels

Post by John-B »

I've got five 4" steel wheels powder coated cream in good condition including Pirelli Cinturato tyres with good tread, but I've never liked the cream colour.

I need a spare (which is one of them) and I would like to have a full spare set as the wheels on my Dart are 5" but not in good condition and probably shouldn't pass an MOT, although they have. Perhaps we could do a no-money swap if you come to my house 8 miles SW of Salisbury.

I know your wheels are TR6 which doesn't bother me but I would like silver colour and 4". What are your wheels and tyres like? Are they 4"; what colour? What tyres are on them?

Rach250

Post by Rach250 »

Hello John-B
The wheels we have are fitted with Firestone F-560 tyres, they are marked 165 R15 86T and are in good condition.
They are silver and as they are fitted with 165s, I am assuming the are the early 5J, they also have the Daimler Logo.
We could certainly pop over to Salisbury, what tyre size are fitted to your wheels?
I am intending to use Blockley 165s, so the only logistical problem would be how long our car would be immobile without wheels!
This is the worst of the wheels all the rest are better.
IMG_3295.jpg

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

Mine are 4" wheels with twelve holes and 165x15 cinturato tyres, you can see them here
http://www.broadchalke.info/burrough/mycars.php 2nd to 5th photos.

Your wheels don't appear to have the nibs for standard hub caps (actually called nave plates) but as I want a set of wheels as spares in case mine fail an MOT, it may not be a problem. I'm still considering it. Is the D motif attached or separate?

csm1406

Post by csm1406 »

Hi
I have a set of 4 wheels which have been shot blasted & powder coated ( Black ) & left in my loft for a long time They were from an SP250 but not looked at for ages. I also have 2 others complete with tyres ( I would not suggest the tyres are useable ) so one could go with the other 4 to make a full set.

If any one interested please get back to me & I will get them down & examine before confirming current condition.

Cameron Murray - located West Sussex

Rach250

Post by Rach250 »

Hi John,
Just for general information, TR6 wheels have never been fitted with nave plates, hence no provision to fit them.

Rach250

Post by Rach250 »

Hello csm1406,
Well, I am not sure whether John-B wants ours or not so, we would certainly be interested in yours, that way I can get them ready and shod without having the car wheel-less.
I have a set of hub caps / nave plates on order, so just the steels required!
How much would you like for them, PM me if it is preferable for you.

csm1406

Post by csm1406 »

I would prefer you see if you can do a deal with John B as he was involved before me . If no deal is possible please get back to me.

Cameron

Rach250

Post by Rach250 »

Will do that Cameron.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I don't need to swap wheels, it was just an opportunity, so go ahead with Cameron.