Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wanted - Daimler 15 Blundell Silencer SU Air intake

Robismay

Wanted - Daimler 15 Blundell Silencer SU Air intake

Post by Robismay »

I am searching for a replacement aluminum air intake for my Fifteen as per the attached photo.

Please let me know if you have something similar.
Many thanks
Rob

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qEQEUjHSsfMxRtdRA

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Wanted - Daimler 15 Blundell Silencer SU Air intake

Post by Sydsmith »

Like flying pigs they are in very short supply, if you get offers of more than one I would be interested. Good Luck in your search. Syd

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Count me in for one as well. This'll maybe encourage someone to make a batch ???

Robismay

Post by Robismay »

Thanks for your reply.
I will see if I can find someone to make some…

Anybody else interested please let me know.

Many thanks
Rob.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

That main thing to do is find a pattern maker to make the core box and loose pattern.
A boxed pattern might prove too expensive for the number of sales you might get.
It might be worth asking for interested owners in the Driving Member magazine to come forward also.
From my experience a minimum of 10 orders splits the cost down to a more reasonable amount but that said I have had tooling made for castings knowing that there aren’t 10 cars in existence let alone 10 customers.

lilykill

Post by lilykill »

Marcel Renshaw wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:14 pm That main thing to do is find a pattern maker to make the core box and loose pattern.
A boxed pattern might prove too expensive for the number of sales you might get.
It might be worth asking for interested owners in the Driving Member magazine to come forward also.
From my experience a minimum of 10 orders splits the cost down to a more reasonable amount but that said I have had tooling made for castings knowing that there aren’t 10 cars in existence let alone 10 customers.
It terms of making the pattern could a 3d printed one be used?, if someone can send me a load of dimensions and good photos of one for the 15 and a LA10 I would be happy to model and print both versions to aid this process along as I need one for my LA10.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps I believe that I “may” have a spare one, but it’s for the LA 11, I’ll search it out take some photos and dimensions, and get back to you in the next couple of days hopefully 👍

Cheers Al

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

The 10 and the 15 have different part numbers. I'll try and take one of each off a 10,11 and 15 and see what the dimensional differences are although whether my Solex fitting one on the 11 will be the same as Al's one now he's using an SU might be useful to know. Their pattern maker at the Coventry works must have been kept busy!

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

It would be possible to print a pattern for them. The thing to build into the printed pattern is a shrinkage allowance and also a way of locating the inner and outer pattern for the benefit of the foundry.
You would be wise to talk to the foundry you plan to use first as they sometimes don’t like to do things the same way as others and will tell you what they expect.

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

As promised, some photos. Left to right, in each photo, a 1932/33 10, a 1938 11 with a Solex carburettor and a 1935 Daimler 15 - all different:
carbconnectors1.JPG
carbconnectors2.JPG
carbconnectors3.JPG
carbconnectors4.JPG