Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Wanted - Daimler 15 Blundell Silencer SU Air intake

lilykill

Re: Wanted - Daimler 15 Blundell Silencer SU Air intake

Post by lilykill »

Marcel Renshaw wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:49 pm It would be possible to print a pattern for them. The thing to build into the printed pattern is a shrinkage allowance and also a way of locating the inner and outer pattern for the benefit of the foundry.
You would be wise to talk to the foundry you plan to use first as they sometimes don’t like to do things the same way as others and will tell you what they expect.
If I was able to model it accurately, adjusting for shrinkage won't be an issue.
The only issue is I won't have a clue for any foundries in my area. I deal with one in work but they only deal with big stuff and numerous orders. If you have the contacts for the one you use I would be happy to follow up with them.

lilykill

Post by lilykill »

Simon Hyslop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:50 pm As promised, some photos. Left to right, in each photo, a 1932/33 10, a 1938 11 with a Solex carburettor and a 1935 Daimler 15 - all different:

carbconnectors1.JPG

carbconnectors2.JPG

carbconnectors3.JPG

carbconnectors4.JPG
That is great for starting but I would need to take a lot of dimensions to make a detailed model. Are you able to read engineering drawings? as if I make a drawing for it you would be able to measure and adjust my dimensions. If not is there any chance of sending them one by one so I can detailed them up myself, create the drawing and then send them back.

lilykill

Post by lilykill »

lilykill wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:05 pm
Simon Hyslop wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:50 pm As promised, some photos. Left to right, in each photo, a 1932/33 10, a 1938 11 with a Solex carburettor and a 1935 Daimler 15 - all different:

carbconnectors1.JPG

carbconnectors2.JPG

carbconnectors3.JPG

carbconnectors4.JPG
Those images are great, in mean time a managed to source a Daimler 15 one that seems slighty different to the one you have. I managed to fully detail it up as show in my drawing.
Attachments
AIR SILENCER DRAWING SHEET TWO.JPG
AIR SILENCER DRAWING SHEET ONE.JPG