Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Lanchester LA11 Rear Window Blind

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Lanchester LA11 Rear Window Blind

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, whilst restoring my Lanchester way back in 1990, I removed the Rear Window Blind, and put it away, well after all these years I decided that it was time that it was re-fitted !
Having temporarily re-fitted it on the Rear Parcel Shelf , I tried to see if it would work, well it did for a couple of “Pulls”, then the internal Spring decided that having had a “rest” for such a long time it no longer wanted to work !
🥲🥲
So, my question is, does anybody have one in working order that they would like to sell on, Or , does anyone know who could repair mine ?

Cheers Al 👍👍👍

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Lanchester LA11 Rear Window Blind

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps , well I am surprised , that no one has had to repair / replace their Rear Window Blind, surely they must have been fitted to other models in the Daimler / Lanchester range I.
Any help or advice would be very much appreciated .

Cheers Al 👍👍

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, still looking for a rear Window Blind for my Lanchester 11.
I’m not concerned if the Blind material is damaged, as long as the Spring inside is working ok .

Cheers Al 👍👍

buckfield

Post by buckfield »

Hi alan , does the later version with the solid metal roof have these fitted? tony

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Tony, to be honest I really don’t know, but would presume they did .

Cheers Al 👍👍

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Well chaps, I decided to take the “Bull by the Horns” to see if I was able to repair the Spring located inside the Blind, after a lot of jiggery pokery, pleased to say that it’s now working .
Just one thing, could someone post a couple of pictures on here as to where the Draw Cords should run please?

Cheers Al
Last edited by JT7196 on Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

X

captain bobo

Post by captain bobo »

Al, the rear window blind in my 15 Sports Saloon was broken when I bought the car. I spent the princely sum of two pounds to buy a roller blind from a company breaking caravans for spare parts.

I cut the shaft length to fit the car, used a needle file to elongate the mounting bracket holes, fitted a suitably sized length of cloth to the shaft, attached the pull cord and it worked perfectly.

If the repair to your mechanism doesn't last, I'd certainly recommend the route that I took!
Best wishes, Dave B

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Dave, thanks for that, it’s working fine now, although I’m having second thoughts about the colour of the Pull Cord that is White.
I’m very inclined to remove the Pull Cord again, and dye it a light Brown colour as per original, don’t know why I didn’t think of that before fitting, “ Hindsight is a wonderful thing” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CHEERS Al 👍👍

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Chaps, Pull Cord now changed to one closer to original 👍👍👍👍

Cheers Al 👍👍