Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Federation of British Historic car clubs

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Warsash 2

Federation of British Historic car clubs

Post by Warsash 2 »

Hi
I received this from a small club that I am a member of it makes interesting reading and reassuring that us old car owners are no all mad
Regards

Colin
Attachments
FBHVC Press Release 21.05.19 2019 National Cost of Ownership Survey Results.docx
(110.71 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Federation of British Historic car clubs

Post by Chris_R »

I agree it makes interesting reading but it must be taken in context. The report is based on a survey of 1,236 "representative" adults. The ownership information is based on a survey of 3,387 owners. I think that once you start to scale up to millions based on a sample of just 0.0025% of the adult population that very significant margins of error must come in and some of the numbers must be viewed with a high degree of scepticism.
For example the report says that over 5 million are interested in owning a historic car but only 3 million go to shows. Assuming a 100% overlap of those 3 million that means that over 2 million who are interested in owning a historic car never show any interest by going to a show!
The report itself concludes with
General Notes to Reader:
While every care has been taken to ensure accuracy in presenting these results, there is nevertheless the need to review these findings with a critical eye.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Federation of British Historic car clubs

Post by A.N.Other »

I’m of the opinion that it is to be taken with a pinch of salt. The organisation appears to put out the survey every so often with questions that are designed for self indulgence. In think it is nothing better than a quango.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !