Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Private Messages

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Private Messages

Post by NickDeAth »

I will be the first to admit that I am no wizard with computers and the like.

Earlier todat I typed a reply to a PM and pressed the submit button. I logged in again tonight and on the left hand side of the screen it says out box followed by a 1in brackets. Does this mean the message has gone or is waiting to go or iI is waiting for me to do something else?

Thanks for any replies .

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Private Messages

Post by John-B »

The way PMs work is that the PM shows in your outbox until the other person has read it which he obviously hasn't, and when he has read it, the PM will show in your account as Sent. He has to log in and notice the small red notification icon that he has a PM waiting, and either he hasn't logged in or hasn't opened the PM. Your PM is therefore just waiting on the server. It's a way of checking the progress of the PM.
I suggest that you email him as most people check their emails every day and emails seem more reliable.

NickDeAth
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Private Messages

Post by NickDeAth »

Thanks for your quick reply John, I thought there would be a simple answer!

Nick
"Nick - do you think you will ever put that old car back together again?"