Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Overseas Posting delays

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Overseas Posting delays

Post by grahamemmett »

I run the Club Shop and I'm finding that deliveries outside of the UK are experiencing severe delays. I'm seeing tracked items being stuck in the Heathrow Worldwide Delivery Hub which is used by most parcel carriers and the Royal Mail with no sign of them coming out. Enquiries reveal two reasons and you will have guessed them - Brexit and Covid.
There are many fewer flights leaving the country and much mail freight used to go on passenger flights so they get backed up in the Heathrow Hub.
For Europe, I'm getting delays as our Customs Declarations are now being scrutinised (we didn't have them before 1st January!) - and rejected because we haven't got the right Commodity Codes (there are 60 pages of these codes). And we have all seen the chaos at the ports - all this plus the reduced staffing due to the Pandemic. Even before 1st January, one delivery to the Netherlands took 5 weeks. We've seen this with the distribution of the Driving Member too, although the January edition seemed to be fine.
I've spoken to a couple of our parts suppliers and they are experiencing the same delays, even big companies like David Manners Group (well, they are big compared to the DLOC shop operation) can't find a way around the delays.
So my message is - if you order from the shop or from a parts supplier and you get an e-mail saying it's on the way, please be patient, it will arrive but there are no longer assured delivery dates.

Thanks
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Alpine Daimler

Re: Overseas Posting delays

Post by Alpine Daimler »

Hello,

I just received my wiring diagram wall poster, it took about 2 weeks.

The German customs authorities have placed one of their official stickers on it confirming it is not subject to their customs handling or processing.

My Driving Member arrived about a week ago, so no delays there either.

Thanks you for your efforts Graham.

Regards

Rob C.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Thanks Rob, that's good to know.
Northwich, Cheshire

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I've just posted some of our "Daimler Motor Works" Overalls to France and the 50th Anniversary book to a new member in Switzerland so we will see how they get on.
Northwich, Cheshire

h.j.thomassen

Post by h.j.thomassen »

My own experience with mail coming from outside the EU and incoming into The Netherlands is that a delay is mostly caused by Dutch customs processing a packet for import duties and VAT. However, many packets are passed through without processing and thus without delay and costs. The chances seem to depend on: declared value, size/weight and -most important- whether the package is addressed to a business address or to a private one. The latter experience comes from having two companies registered at my home address, and thus a mix of packages coming in.

Undelayed mail from UK to NL typically takes 9 to 14 calendar days. Today (19th) two undelayed/unprocessed packages arrived from the UK; one posted on Jan 9th and the other on Jan. 10th.

Hendrik-Jan

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

The big problem in 2021 for delay by deliveries between the UK and the EU and converseley will be to issue a complete and correct filled set of needed customs documents. Actually it seems nearly nobody of the customs officials knows really which documents have to be enclosed to the shipments and therefore the the goods are sent back or stay at the customs until the declarations are correctly completed.

Note: The delivery of the January issue of the "The Driving Member" to Germany was really on time on January 4th. Probably because dispatch was before end of year 2020 by old formalities.

Rolf B.