Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Login problem

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Login problem

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John, When I log onto this site using my finger print, I always have to go through the procedure Twice !!
It really is annoying, do you have an answer please ?

Cheers Al πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Login problem

Post by John-B »

You've got me there as I've never used finger print access to anything. If you are using anything from Apple, then I can't help you there either as I always use Microsoft products. I hope someone else can help.

I think most people never log in as they use a cookie to store username and password. If you never log out, a cookie should store the data.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Hi John, no I never Log out , the system seems to do that automatically! I always use β€œFinger Print” access , strangely today it let me in 1St time ( For a change) you must have done something !!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Anyway, I’ll see how it goes, it’s not really a problem, just a little annoying , but never mind πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Cheers and do have a very Happy Xmas John
Al 😊😊

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Yea still the same John, getting to the point where I’m getting fed up with having to β€œLog On” twice each time I want to enter this site !!!! 😑😑😑😑😑

Cheers Al πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

JT7196 wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:28 pm Yea still the same John, getting to the point where I’m getting fed up with having to β€œLog On” twice each time I want to enter this site !!!! 😑😑😑😑😑

Cheers Al πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
I've asked either John Hitchins or Graham Emmett to contact you, as I can't lead you through settings on an Apple product as I don't have one. When you have logged in and checked "Remember me", don't log out, just move to another website or close your computer.

soaringace

Post by soaringace »

I have the same issue when signing in on an iPad and haven’t yet been able to resolve it!

Alan

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

soaringace wrote: ↑Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:21 pm I have the same issue when signing in on an iPad and haven’t yet been able to resolve it!

Alan
Anyone else having this login twice issue with iPads?
Perhaps it only affects those called Alan. :D
There's nothing I can do as the software is up to date.

@ Alan W (JT7196) - John Hitchings suggests registering as a new member, but I don't recommend that as you would lose all your posts. Someone else using an iPad will have to help you.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I’m using an iPad but not with fingerprint recognition. I do have to sign in each time as it never remembers me, however the iPad stores my user name and password so I don’t have to key it in each time I don’t know anybody with such an up to date iPad to try it myself, I’m sorry.
Graham Emmett Β¦ DLOC Chairman Β¦ chair@dloc.co.uk Β¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I've been looking at the phpbb community forum and there are topics about "Remember Me" being forgotten like this one
https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2488276 , ie your login session ends and you have to login again, but the topic was in 2018 and should have been resolved. However, one person said this
I had this problem, all i did was, clear history in browser, closed the forum tab, closed browser, opened browser retyped forum address, and no more issues with been logged out.
It won't do any harm to try that.