Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Videos for SP250 lovers only

Hooper Daimlers & other pre-Jaguar post-war Daimlers sub-forum.
Cars in motoring holidays, racing, at functions like marriages, in museums, etc. Photos not applicable to technical, sale or event forums.
John-B
Site Admin

Videos for SP250 lovers only

Post by John-B »

YouTube videos of SP250s, beautiful sounds, clean your ears out first.
The first one is not allowed to be viewed within this forum, so it opens YouTube, but the others are seen on the forum page.

Vandal, I hope he repaired the road verge. Watch it right to the end. Right hand drive, driving on the right - where? Trees like Germany, but could be USA.

Jay Leno's Garage:

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Videos for SP250 lovers only

Post by Fossil »

The ivory example in the first video was my first SP250 which I owned from 1970 until 76. I won't bore you with stories of those days, but we had much fun and travelled many miles in it in the UK and Europe. It now belongs to someone who was a regular poster on the old forum, but not yet on this one; he lives in the USA, and the video was likely shot in South Carolina.

To end on a happy note we visited the owner on a trip to the US a few years ago and were reunited with the car after a gap of 35 years, although it looked as if it had hardly changed in all that time. Strange feeling.

Cheers

Geoff