Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Expensive Insurance Renewal

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Expensive Insurance Renewal

Post by Salmons »

The Insurance on my Dimler Ritz is now due for renewal. Last year the premium was £156.65 and when I received the Renewal Notice I was astounded that the quote for 2019-20 was £4939.85.

I know that Daimlers are rare and expensive cars but could not understand the increase and wondered if this had anything to do with Brexit. I sent a copy of the quote to Dave Philpot and he replied that he was not surprised as most Ritz owner were Yobbos, Hooligans and Crooks.

So I rang the Insurance company about the incredible increase and the girl I spoke to was astounded, then laughed and finally apologised. She went off to speak to a Supervisor and when she came back said we have reduced to £141.

It just shows that it is worth questioning your Insurance Renewal notice

Salmons

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Expensive Insurance Renewal

Post by Stan Thomas »

I had a letter from the VAT Controller a few years ago saying I owed them £0.00.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

You could have contested that and claimed that they had miscalculated and that far from owing them £0.00 that they in fact owed you £0.00 instead.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

It's that idiot Mr Computer again, always making mistakes and for such an educated person seems odd he does to know when he has done so. Syd

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Another daftey!!

Just been on the National Rail website, as I need to go to Waltham Cross.

A mid-morning cheap-fare train will take me to London Euston for £9.50, then plus a further seperate ticket from Euston to Waltham Cross is another £9.50.

But if I key in for one ticket for the entire journey using the same trains/same times - its £79.80.