Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

TFL the ULEZ rules for historics

Technical issues not related to a DLOC car marque, eg tyres, ethanol, other car makes, etc. and legal, political and insurance
Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

TFL the ULEZ rules for historics

Post by Petelang »

Very surprised to receive a letter from everyone's favourite London Mayor this week (tongue in cheek), informing me that my long time historic registered Daimler Fifteen is not eligible for exemption from the new ULEZ emissions free zone of central London. Whilst I'm never intending to travel from Nottingham to London in it, it struck me as odd because I heard classics and vintage, veterans and certain other classes were to be given full exemption so I did a bit of checking.
Certainly it seems its a blanket exemption for any vehicle registered as over 40 years old but....
If used as a commercial vehicle its not.
So, this looks like a pretty terminal situation for anyone using a historic vehicle as a wedding car for any form of reward. Am I reading this right as I can find no clear definition on this? Anyone else asked the question?
If this is the case, anyone hiring a historic vehicle for film work or period TV appearances could also find themselves an unwitting victim too.
As always with the law in Britain, its probably written to be dubious such that the ultra highly paid legal vultures can only test it by an eye-wateringly expensive test case, one which the average car enthusiast could not contemplate affording.
More tax by stealth?
Your opinions and knowledge gentlemen?
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: TFL the ULEZ rules for historics

Post by A.N.Other »

I don’t understand why vehicles should be exempt at all. I especially don’t understand why a commercial vehicle should be exempt if it is earning its keep. Why vehicles used for special occasions should be exempt. Come to think of it why anyone would want to enter a town in a vehicle of historic interest unless it is to show off. If you are going into town it is to do something, just the same as anyone else so why shouldn’t you pay like everyone else.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !