Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DLOC Spring Conference

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
John-B
Site Admin

Re: DLOC Spring Conference

Post by John-B »

Alan, I've put this advice in the posting instructions today regarding emails:

The default in Client Communication / Email Settings is
Users send email via board: Enabled
and
Hide email addresses: Yes.
This means a member cannot see another member's email address but can send an email via DLOC email address and the receiver's email shows the member's username. The receiver can then see the sender's real name by looking up the username in the members' list on the website. The receiver's email shows DLOC.co.uk in the "From" box but the receiver can see the sender's email address after clicking Reply.

It's a privacy issue because another setting would allow any member to see any other member's email address and some people want to maintain privacy but still allow members to email them.

Also, someone receiving an email apparently from dloc in the “From” box will see the sender’s username in the email so he can look up the real name in the members’ list and the email says “Please note that the reply address to this email has been set to that of [the sender]” ie just click Reply to see it.

A member can set his User Control Panel / Board Preferences / Edit Global Settings / Users can contact me by email: No but then no one can email the member and his email will be secret.

I'm sorry if it seems complicated but it is a standard method on lots of forums.
testemailfromdlocCapture.PNG
Click the image to enlarge it. Note the sender's username Wickham and the reference that his email address can be seen by clicking Reply.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

Huh, after all that, sat here at 10am in Cherwell Valley Services waiting for the AA........ (rude words).

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Thanks to all for a very enjoyable day!

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

My modern BMW chewed up the water pump, so all I got to see was the inside of the services and then AA relay back to Twickenham.

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Yes, an excellent day all round. Plus a 160 mile round trip in the ELS24 which didn't miss a beat - sorry Chris, I know that's just rubbing it in!

andrewwainwright

Post by andrewwainwright »

2016 DLOC Spring Conference.
Thank you to all who attended the Conference, your support is greatly appreciated.
There were slightly more attendees at the Conference this year, which was very rewarding.
Kind regards to all,
Andrew Wainwright (Branch Liaison)