Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DLOC Meetings Yorkshire

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
pat the dog

DLOC Meetings Yorkshire

Post by pat the dog »

There seems to be no organisation or organiser for Yorkshire DLOC.

It used to meet at the Old Corn Mill, Brighouse, monthly on the second Wednesday.

But many members have left, died or not renewed their membership, so it is a pretty much a hit or miss affair if anyone is there at all.

Attachments
daimler.jpg

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Re: DLOC Meetings Yorkshire

Post by grahamemmett »

If you look in the Driving Member you'll find the Events Coordinator. E-mail them with your intention to volunteer to organise a branch I am certain it will meet with a favorable response. There are sufficient members within 30 miles or so to run a successful branch - just look at the success of Andrew Wainwright's East Midlands branch or Mark Kershaw's different approach for the West Midlands.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog »

Yes, that's the problem...................

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

If you want to take over the Yorkshire meetings, I can put a note of your contact details in the meetings list. I don't know who the organiser was until now, but if you know him it would be polite to contact him.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

pat the dog wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:14 am Yes, that's the problem...................
How do you mean?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

pat the dog

Post by pat the dog »

pat the dog wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 am There seems to be no organisation or organiser for Yorkshire DLOC.

It used to meet at the Old Corn Mill, Brighouse, monthly on the second Wednesday.

But many members have left, died or not renewed their membership, so it is a pretty much a hit or miss affair if anyone is there at all.

John-B wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:26 am If you want to take over the Yorkshire meetings, I can put a note of your contact details in the meetings list. I don't know who the organiser was until now, but if you know him it would be polite to contact him.
Just saying, not volunteering

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Post by classiclife »

It takes very little effort to run an area meeting, I can speak form experience and happy to explain.

I joined DLOC last year prior to getting my V8 saloon. Looking through the DM, I noted there was no local area meeting - the closest being Kent and Hampshire.

Being a member of other classic vehicle clubs I know the importance and benefit of having area meetings / noggins. My view is that if you want something created that is of benefit, you often have to do the work yourself.

In April this year I formed the East Sussex Area Meeting, I contacted every DLOC member in East & West Sussex by post (approx. 50) and also flagged the new meeting via the Forum, plus advertising in the DM a number of months beforehand.

I have to say that the response from those contacted was immediate and over the last few months the meeting has grown as the word spreads. Those who do attend are very happy they now have a monthly meeting, were like minded people can get together for a natter about cars or anything else that is topical. Although it is titled East Sussex, quite a number attend from West Sussex.

A large amount of excellent advice about our cars, experiences (good & bad !!) and recommendations is freely passed at such meetings which is a benefit for all concerned. I'm pleased to say that these noggins are a very laid back and social affair, which is whole rationale for doing these meetings.

We have a decent pub with an area set aside for the meeting, plus the pub car park is ideal. There are no agendas or timetables, purely a venue where members and even non-members can drop in and enjoy a few hours of chit-chat. I'm pleased to say it's not just chaps that attend but partners as well.

It really is a simple process to set up meetings and I personally believe that the benefit of doing such, is immeasurable for those who come along and partake.

Worth thinking about IMHO and I have also received excellent support from the club officials.

Good luck.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024