Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

2021 All British Field Meet in Portland, Oregon USA

Ask the organiser or check a website to see if an event is cancelled or postponed.
Mike0Ryan

2021 All British Field Meet in Portland, Oregon USA

Post by Mike0Ryan »

Portland's forty-fourth annual All British Field Meet was held under warm, sunny skies today, and I was fully expecting mine to be the only Daimler of any kind to be on display. I was very pleasantly surprised to be joined by two other SP250s. My grille-less SP250 is parked next to another early 'A' spec paying homage to its motherland and their use there as a police car.
Pair of SP250s -2.jpg
We were later joined by a third red SP250, also apparently an 'A' spec even while sporting a front bumper.
Third SP250 - 2.jpg
Neither of these cars are listed in the 2021 pasSPort and I encouraged both owners to submit their information.

I also talked to two other gentlemen who are in the slow process of restoring SP250s.

Perhaps the decades long Daimler drought at the Portland meet is coming to an end.

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: 2021 All British Field Meet in Portland, Oregon USA

Post by simonp »

Did you manage to get their chassis numbers Mike? They at least can be recorded. Would loved to have gone to that event when I was travelling over there.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I wonder how they get on without being connected into “the network”?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Mike0Ryan

Post by Mike0Ryan »

No, I didn't write down their chassis numbers. It seems a bit presumptuous for me to submit their information. I did strongly encourage them.

Interestingly, the owner of the blue SP250 is apparently a DLOC member; that makes me wonder about the coordination between the DLOC membership and pasSPort databases.

The Portland All British Field Meet is a surprising well attended annual event with 600-800 British cars on display most years.

https://www.abfm-pdx.com/2021

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

"Interestingly, the owner of the blue SP250 is apparently a DLOC member; that makes me wonder about the coordination between the DLOC membership and pasSPort databases."
They are completely separate.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)