Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Various Daimler V8 250 Engine Parts

Willsparker

Various Daimler V8 250 Engine Parts

Post by Willsparker »

Hi,

A few years ago, I bought a '67 Daimler V8 250 with the intention of restoring it, and in the process bought an additional V8 engine (along with the one in the engine bay). A few years down the line and I've decided to change my mind on restoring it, and want to go in another direction, so I have the following bits up for sale:
- A short engine (block, pistons, crank, sump etc. Still turns, and the cylinders don't look in too bad condition, however the area where the heads go could do with a skim)
- An auto-gearbox (not sure of inside condition, but the casing has some light ali corrosion. Can turn the prop shaft end)
- A bare engine block (No cracks, but surface rust on most areas. Would be a good candidate for boring out to a bigger capacity)
- 2 Pairs of cylinder heads (one pair stripped of valves and springs, one pair intact. Both will need skimming, though one pair isn't as bad as the other)
- 8 rocker arms (4 ingood condition, 4 are corroded)
- 2 sets of both long and short push rods ( for 4 heads )
- 2 sets of Head Bolts ( for 4 heads )
- Aluminium sump
- A single pair of Carbs
- 2 water pumps
- an intake
- air filter box and supporting bracket/tubes.
- distributor (Will need refurb)
- Dynamo (unknown if working)
- Starter Motor (unknown if working)

Those are the main bits, but I'm essentially selling 1 complete and 1 nearly complete engine, so either private message or email me if there's anything else I may have.
Cheers,
Will

fredeuce

Re: Various Daimler V8 250 Engine Parts

Post by fredeuce »

Do you still have any of these parts for sale ?

I am looking for some spare tappets ?

Cheers,
Fred