Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler 15 Light Sportsman shell

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Daimler 15 Light Sportsman shell

Post by Culbu »

For sale is a complete Daimler 15 Light Sportsman shell, including doors, bonnet, boot door, mudguards, etc...

The parts are in correct condition, except the 2 front mudguards which are in bad condition, specially around the spare wheels.

Kind regards,

Julian
Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 22.24.54.jpg

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Daimler 15 Light Sportsman shell

Post by Culbu »

53 views, 0 answer !

I would prefer offering the entire body to selling it if no one is interesting in...

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

It would seem that this complete body interests no one...

So I will get it out, cut it into pieces, and throw them away. Sade end !

Rolf B.

Post by Rolf B. »

What you're doing is the same as bringing the car to a banger race. Why don't you restore the body? Is the Special Daimler 15 more profitable for you against an original one? No sympathy for your doing!

Greetings from a guy who just saved the body of a British car and the car itself, which was transformed from US folks in a rat rod muscle car, fitted with an US V8 engine and gearbox and a lot of other awful applications from the new world.
Rolf B.

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Rolf,

I perfectly understand and respect your opinion.

In my case, no US V8, no rat hot muscle car, no awful body shell. Same engine, same gearbox, same chassis, same differential, same brake system, etc.. Just a 2 seater sport body, in the “special” English tradition.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

You could try advertising it on eBay or the club magazine. It looks too good to scrap. How much do you want for it?

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Nothing ! Just have to pick it up in France (about 45mn from Ouistreham or Le Havre seaports). I prefer giving it than scraping it

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

Hello,

Last try to save this shell... I remove it from the chassis tomorrow and then the shell will go to the bin if nobody is interesting in...

Very complete body (shell, doors, wings, boot, etc...). I give it. Just has to be picked up !

Julian