Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler light 15 gearbox for sale

IanCansfield

Daimler light 15 gearbox for sale

Post by IanCansfield »

I have a Daimler Light 15 gearbox for sale
I have no knowledge as to whether this is fully working or not. I think we have had this since my late father's first Light 15, which i recall he sold in the early 1990's.
Offers welcomed
located near Newcastle upon Tyne
ian.cansfield@blueyonder.co.uk
Attachments
IMG_5111.jpeg
IMG_5113.jpeg
IMG_5112.jpeg

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Daimler light 15 gearbox for sale

Post by JT7196 »

I believe it the same as fitted to the LA11

Cheers Al

Culbu
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Culbu »

I got one too if anyone is interested in... Good condition

Observer

Post by Observer »

Quite rare drivers side starter can be made to fit left hand but not easy.

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Tell us more please! It's just that the driver's side starter is the same on the LA10s (and LD10s although the bellhousing may be different?) . Without intending to detract from the original post in any way, I too have a spare one wrapped in a bag "just in case" and it would be interesting to know if they have any other application.

Observer

Post by Observer »

Some 1933/34 daimler 15 ha starter on drivers side but most had near side the holes Laine up ok but casting has to be cut out for bendix why they did this I have no idea perhaps a xcess of Lancaster boxs I had my 15 fitted like this when I got the car 2nd sight and a christal would help at times

Observer

Post by Observer »

I just thought you could change rear alloy engine mount for the one that fits gear box you have fits?

Observer

Post by Observer »

Just another thought in the early stages of my 15 restoration iorderd a wireimg harness from a well known company 5 years on I tried to fit it nothing lined up to late to send back what I had was a harness for drivers side starter setup not near side the supplier did not know of the difference only working off models and years .wish I new all this before I started knowledge is wonderful