Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler V8-250 reg YPK 440H

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
Marcus

Daimler V8-250 reg YPK 440H

Post by Marcus »

In late 2019 I purchased a 1969 Daimler v8-250 that has been a club car at some point in its life. The car shows 49k miles on the clock and a tax disc showing it was last on the road in 1980 when it would have been an 11 year old car. That's younger than my "modern" daily driver merc is! I believe it must have been dry stored for many of those intervening years as the body is in remarkable condition and I believe it still wears its original Warwick grey paint. The car came with no paperwork other than a v5 but I was very pleased to find the owner's service policy in the boot. This shows the car was sold to Cock Russell and Spedding Ltd of 17 Charles Street, London in August 1969 by Coombs and Sons (Guildford). Perhaps I should fit some Coombs arches! A quick internet search shows Cock Russell still exists although Spedding has been dropped from the name. Their business throughout appears to be associated with the import of wine and the production of Boodles British Gin. I'm hoping I might find a Petrus under the drivers seat. I still get a kick out of playing the amateur archaeologist when I get a "new" old car and it made me wonder what is the strangest thing other forums readers have found in their new project cars?
ypk 44h.JPG
daimler cert.jpg

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Re: Daimler V8-250 reg YPK 440H

Post by A.N.Other »

Sadly Marcus, when I play the archaeologists on my new old cars I have only found the bodges to keep them going.
:D :D :D :D :D :D
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Ha ha I suspect I’ll find a few on this!

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

I know that I found some weird stuff in other marques that I bought "used" in the 1980s (well-used in some cases) but it's so long ago I can't remember what - might remember eventually :roll:

Mark Bullen

Post by Mark Bullen »

I discovered a Cooper S head on an 1100 Clubman, it went well but also I discovered had very slight marks where the valves had kissed the block. Still have the head but not the car.