Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Tourer : CJJ 47

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
adiebunn

Daimler Tourer : CJJ 47

Post by adiebunn »

Hi everyone,
Wonder if there is anyone out there who could help me ?
An elderly neighbour of mine recently told me that he was trying to locate a Daimler Tourer that he rebuilt in the late 60's.
It was last known to be in the Hertfordshire area but due to data protection he is unable to find out where it currently is.
He is asking for two reasons, firstly to see how it looks now after all this time and secondly to see if the current owner wishes to sell it.
It was green in colour and its reg no is as above CJJ 47.
If anyone can help then please respond to this request.
Many thanks
Adie Bunn

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Daimler Tourer : CJJ 47

Post by ranald »

It’s on DVLA. No tax or MOT. Registered November 1935. 2199cc. I guess that makes it a Daimler 15. Good luck in your search. Regards, Ranald

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

I guess that means it is likely to be tucked away in some ones garage or shed waiting restoration Ranald, it will appear at some time for the number robbers to have a go at and rob that lovely number off it. Syd

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Just to add to this posting, I ot the follwoing froma d EL24 Daimler expert and old car Guru (Thanks Dave) :-

The "CJJ" registration series was of London issue, commencing in October 1935 and carrying through until October 1936. The previous colour of CJJ47 was red. The car is not a "15" as one would perhaps assume, but an LQ.3/24, the chassis no. being 40,969, from the allocation 40,950 - 41,049 (Spare Parts Book T.C.101).

The engine? If the c.c. quoted on the DVLA website is correct, I would hazard a guess that it was taken from a post-war Austin 16.

Hopefully the car will emerge from hibernation one day.

Hope it helps but as there have been few respinses I doubt the car is known to the club. Syd