Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1955 Conquest RYP 225 - any history known?

Car histories: owners, dates, etc. restorations, events visited, holidays, stories about the car, etc. plus statistics like numbers and models produced.
Robert Burns

Re: 1955 Conquest RYP 225 - any history known?

Post by Robert Burns »

Thankyou so much Ronald
Rob

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

Google comes up with a hit - car was owned by a David Fitzpatrick, in a list of cars attending a rally. But the document isn't complete so difficult to know when this was.
You can check the MOT history with the DVLA - shows it has passed tests since 2006, with some issues in 2017 but passes after that.

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

I searched for RYP 225 and found this photo:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=493&p=3776&hilit=ryp+225#p3776

Please - Always add reg nr. when you post anything about a car, and use the search function. ! :D

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns »

Wow
You guys are like super sleuths 😳😳😳
I’m in the USA watching what I can, reading your forum info about conquests and have the cars booklet and service manual.
I have received my first monthly driving member and wonder if anyone might tell me of a ‘must have’ book on Daimlers or my marque?

Plus how would I be sure the gear ‘issue’ that Kenneth was suspicious of is ok now ??? ... would I know immediately? Or might it crop up after hours of driving ?
Thanks chaps
An excited but slightly worried remote, overseas (proud) new Daimler owner
Robert Burns

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns »

Sorry
It wasn’t Kenneth but Salmons re having heard of someone mentioning gear issues ... are ‘gear issues’ often serious and expensive to fix ???? ... I guess I could look through the bundle of documented receipts to reassur myself by they’re in the car in storage in Sussex until my return next year

Robert

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I can confirm that it was owned by a DLOC member - and he's still with us (as in not deceased although no longer a member)
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

On books, I’d recommend you start with 50 Years of the DLOC from the club shop https://www.dloc.org.uk/shop (don’t forget to change the shipping country to the United States to get the correct shipping price)
On eBay you may find:
The Daimler Tradition by Brian E Smith
Daimler and Lanchester by Brian Long
Daimler Century by Lord Montagu and David Burgess-Wise
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns »

Thanks for all your help ... have ordered the smith book and the long book on eBay ... thank you
The Daimler tradition was only $10 plus delivery, t’other was $50 (and upwards) ... ordered both 👍👍👍🇺🇸
R

KennethBlanshard

Post by KennethBlanshard »

Hi Robert
I enjoyed my test drive round Crawley Down and Copthorne - I used to live in Mid Sussex. I took the car on a circular route, to include a 50 mph stretch, and I found the gearbox as slick and easy as on my old '37 Lanchester.
Ken

Robert Burns

Post by Robert Burns »

Thankyou Ken for taking the time to reply … you have certainly put my mind at rest with regards to the gear ‘issue’ it may well have had some years ago … Thankyou
Will immediately look for your ‘37 Lanchester
Best regards
Rob