Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Possible scam sale

Ozzsp250

Possible scam sale

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I came across this advertisement in Cleveland, Ohio. USA,
SP250.JPG

Link is: https://usclassifieds4all.com/list.php? ... +SP250&c=1

I contacted the seller and this is his response:

Hello there,

I'm sorry for this late reply but I was busy. I worked up to 15 hours. The car is still for sale and the price is $17,000. The car is being sold as described, clear title, no mechanical or electrical issues, never damaged in an accident, flood, or fire. I work in Canada as logging contractor and skidder operator and I will return in March 2020 when my contract ends.
If you want to find out more details about how we can close up this deal, do not hesitate to contact me and I will respond at my earliest convenience.

Best Regards,
Chuck Carlson

It all appears like a scam, price appears very low but perhaps my trust is lacking.

Re: Possible scam sale

Post by #100910 »

The car looks nice.
I think it's probably on the level, perhaps he could be contacted outside of the classified advertisement.
Have a read about the seller in this article:

• Nov 17, 2016 - Chuck Carlson, a logger in South Dakota, talks about having one of the most dangerous jobs in the country for over 30 years.

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... er/507848/

• Carlson Logging Inc is in the Logging Camps and Contractors business - (Possibly now out of business)

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

The next thing will be that because he is working as a contractor that he will ask for the money to be paid into an escrow account and the car will be delivered to you. It's standard practice by scammers selling cars that they are always somewhere inaccessible and won't be back for a long time. I once responded to one for sale in Inverness. When I told the scammer that I had recently retired to Invergordon and so was just a 1 hour train ride away suddenly he was working in Berlin and wouldn't be back for months but assured me that the car was all good and he would have it delivered at no risk to me and if I didn't like it he would have it back, all at his expense. Yeah, right.
Tell him you'll come and look when he's back in March 2020 as you're not in any hurry and if you like it you'll pay cash in dollar bills.

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Hello All

I think that car sold on ebay 5 years ago for 28K then who ever bought it took it to an auction in Florida and it sold for 38. I bid on it in both auctions. I think this because of the color and bumper parts as whiskers. The palm trees in Ohio are a nice touch though.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Now if you want a REAL scam - and I mean a REAL scam - read this, which I received yesterday!!!!

Dear I Need An Investment Partner
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Dear Friend,

I came across your e-mail contact prior a private search while in need of your assistance. I am Aisha Al-Qaddafi, the only biological Daughter of Former President of Libya Col. Muammar Al-Qaddafi. Am a single Mother and a Widow with three Children.

I have investment funds worth Twenty Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollar ($27.500.000.00 ) and i need a trusted investment Manager/Partner because of my current refugee status, however, I am interested in you for investment project assistance in your country, may be from there, we can build business relationship in the nearest future.

I am willing to negotiate investment/business profit sharing ratio with you base on the future investment earning profits.
If you are willing to handle this project on my behalf kindly reply urgent to enable me provide you more information about the investment funds.

Your Urgent Reply Will Be Appreciated

Best Regards
Mrs Aisha Al-Qaddafi

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

Stan Thomas wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:10 am Now if you want a REAL scam - and I mean a REAL scam - read this, which I received yesterday!!!!

Dear I Need An Investment Partner
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

Dear Friend,

I came across your e-mail contact prior a private search while in need of your assistance. I am Aisha Al-Qaddafi, the only biological Daughter of Former President of Libya Col. Muammar Al-Qaddafi. Am a single Mother and a Widow with three Children.

I have investment funds worth Twenty Seven Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollar ($27.500.000.00 ) and i need a trusted investment Manager/Partner because of my current refugee status, however, I am interested in you for investment project assistance in your country, may be from there, we can build business relationship in the nearest future.

I am willing to negotiate investment/business profit sharing ratio with you base on the future investment earning profits.
If you are willing to handle this project on my behalf kindly reply urgent to enable me provide you more information about the investment funds.

Your Urgent Reply Will Be Appreciated

Best Regards
Mrs Aisha Al-Qaddafi
Lucky you! That's a lot of money to manage - I'll come in with you as a partner and we'll split the profits.... :D :D ;)
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Well, I can tell you it's definitely a scam, because she's already given me the money!!

(Cheque should be with me tomorrow, apparently...).

Mark