Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1965 Daimler V8 at H&H auction 24th June

KV8

1965 Daimler V8 at H&H auction 24th June

Post by KV8 »

https://www.handh.co.uk/auction/lot/-19 ... 8&pn=1&g=1

Looks good at first but fair amount of corrosion
Be surprised if it reaches estimate.
H

KV8

Re: 1965 Daimler V8 at H&H auction 24th June

Post by KV8 »

Sold for £9562 inc hammer premium.

Alpine Daimler

Post by Alpine Daimler »

Cor, a bit rough, the seller must be turning cartwheels, what was the buyer thinking of?....but what do I know!

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Hi Despite as originally listed as sold this car is re-listed in this months H&H Auction 22nd July.

Not sure how these online auctions work but can buyer bid on basis of subsequent inspection? if so June auction top bidder did right thing IMHO to back out!

H

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

It also has lots of advisories over the past few mot’s for underbody corrosion so it’ll be rotten as a pear now😱
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

This is what I find a little misleading with the present times. Before COVID-19 not one of the classic car publications would advise to buy a car without viewing it first. It is marvellous how they all now entertain the idea that we should go out and support all the auction houses and retail outlets without concern and buy vehicles on pictures and descriptions alone. To me it is senseless. I really can’t imagine why people buy cars at the moment without seeing. Can someone please let me into the secret as to what is happening and what I am missing out on.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

You have to wonder why the auction houses do not come clean on the vehicles they have for sale, it does them no good, especially with on line auctions to mislead the buyers, as in this case it blights the vehicle for any future sale.

Earlier this year I spotted a ride on mower at an auction in Leomister, (no names), the description said it needed some TLC but was otherwise a working mower, my son went to view it for me only to find that the front nearside wheel axle was sheared off. That was never shown in the pictures or mentioned in the catalogue and the guide price was highly inflated. It was sold for a silly price and then re-listed with exactly the same pictures and description ready for the next mug on the next auction.

Auction houses demand a deposit when the sale is finished and the balance cleared before collection, I wonder do those who buy on line unseen get all their money back when the thing falls short of the description?

KV8

Post by KV8 »

Failed to sell this time!
H