Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler Six V20\25 1933 HN8980

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Daimler Six V20\25 1933 HN8980

Post by Norfolk Lad »

STAN yes it has your name on it and does exactly what you would expect , leaves a vapour trail behind
what is the smell better then a modern car.
Peter

621tyo

Post by 621tyo »

Looking at exhaust smoke in the video , there’s immediate engine work needed for any successful bidder

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

That's not exactly true - all sleeve valve engines tended to emited exhaust smoke when starting from cold, which should reduce considerably as the engine warms up.

In any case, back in the early days of motoring, Knight sleeve valves engines were designed to emit smoke to obscure the rear number plate from the Bobbies lurking in hidden roadside police speed traps!!!

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

Lovely car, but a bit of an eyeful and not in a good way. That paint and trim job is like putting cladding on a Grade II listed building.

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Might it have been used as a wedding car in the past as it is a bit Bright.
Will it make the estimate time will tell.

Peter

621tyo

Post by 621tyo »

I should have read your reply before I bid Stan, I only own post war Daimler’s, have never owned a pre war Daimler, unaware they take a while to warm up. Because of the exhaust smoke, I factored in possible repairs (and retrimming to something more tasteful!), I stopped bidding at 11k (also Stopped as, without my glasses, I misread the buyers premium as 18%, read again afterwards and realised it was actually only 8% meaning I should have bid the extra 10% I factored in for fees.)

Too bloomin late to find out the error of my poor eyesight after the horse had bolted. Sold for one bid higher than my bid at £11,250. (& 8%)

If any others in the club come to the market,I am happy to be contacted with a view to purchasing.

Thank you

David

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

That seems like a lot of car for the money, the paint and upholstery is very much in your face but could be changed for reasonable cost, I bet it is going to the wedding car market.

That upholstery job will have cost well over half the selling price.

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

It is a lot of car for the money, but £11K will look pretty manageable against the bills to retrim and paint it properly. It needs a classic scheme - black over maroon side panels, black leather upfront, and Bedford cord rear compartment. Lovely body design by Connaught though.

Mark