Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Quentin Willson's Dart for sale

Flinty

Re: Quentin Willson's Dart for sale

Post by Flinty »

95K a snip

Steve. :lol:

heh101353

Post by heh101353 »

£95,000 might do for a nice burial ceremony without the car, I'm afraid.
Hans
:o owner since 2015 :mrgreen:
https://www.wyhe.ch/

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

The blurb bangs on about how original it is but those wheels and tyres are so wrong.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

It’s not as original as some but it has fully known history. To me that doesn’t make it more valuable. I don’t care who has owned it really, the present condition is more what I look for.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

Fossil
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Fossil »

I wonder if the history is as well known as some claim.

I knew this car in the early 70s before QW bought it. It belonged to a GP in Forfar, a small town south of Aberdeen fairly close to Glamis Castle where the first owner the Countess of Strathmore lived. I was a junior hospital doctor in Aberdeen at that time and I'd bought my first SP in 1970 (from a dealer in a tiny mews garage in Belgravia) so it was a simple matter to get in touch with him, in 1972 I think. He showed me the gold coronet on each door and the hole in the bonnet where her mascot had been attached. I caught up with him a few months later in early 73 and was shocked to hear that his daughter had taken the car for a spin and crashed it. She was seriously injured and the car seriously damaged also. At that time he was uncertain whether he would have it repaired, but clearly he did. Unfortunately I was not in the UK when it was advertised, I had joined the RAF; so I could not follow it up.

However I did subsequently give Quentin this information after I met him, to which he said that he knew it had been damaged at some time. Later on he decided to have it restored. I think he entrusted this to Phil Glennerster of Autotec SP250, who also supplied my rack & pinion conversion kit about 25 years ago; still going strong!

Barry Thorne's SP, the one registered SP250, was also located in Scotland at that time, near Inverness. Had fate been kinder to me I might have been the happy owner of both of them.

But c'est la vie, or "say lavvy" as they say in Glasgow.

Regards

Fossil

simonp
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by simonp »

Its an automatic so would never be on my buy list and certainly not at £95,000. Probably worth about half that.

SimonP
Daimler SP 250 - "To feel its eager response as you open up is to know a new motoring adventure"(Sales brochure) The adventure continues!