Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Quentin Willson's Dart for sale

DavidH

Quentin Willson's Dart for sale

Post by DavidH »

UGS 5 is up for sale at the Classic and Sports Car Centre. It would be interesting to know how much it sold for a couple of year's ago and how much they expect now.
https://www.classicandsportscar.ltd.uk/ ... sale/51121

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Quentin Willson's Dart for sale

Post by New Dexter »

It is interesting to note that they are happy to drop the name of the Queen's cousin to boost its provenance but poor Mr Willson is referred to in the third person.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

I did a court case many years ago when a man paid £48.000 for an "E" Type without seeing the car, but on the strength of a photograph with Stirling Moss sitting in it.

What's the saying? "One born every minute"?

AntonyB

Post by AntonyB »

I think I will always feel somewhat cheated ("never trust a journalist?") as on Top Gear in 1993 when doing a piece on the SP Quentin Willson said at the end that he had to come clean and admit being biased as he owned one, adding he would "never sell it, I'll be buried in it".

I would have been been interested (if I was till around myself!) to see this reported, and how he had managed to get around any red tape or any environmental hazard legislation, I presume at the least all fluids would have had to be removed. With the current increases in burial costs it could in time become a cost effective method for disposal, though not in an SP I hasten to add.

Is this what could pass as black humour?

Antony

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Anthony for my 75th birthday my daughter gave a local cake making genius a photo of my SP250 and she made a marzipan version so accurate that it even has the right number plates. I have it still in my blue box which contains all my wishes when I fall of the log and the model is going into the crem oven with me :D

AntonyB

Post by AntonyB »

Thanks for the reminder Syd, I must remember to get a small box ready myself, and put in the password to access my wishes on my PC !! I might have to rethink that, but I think I will get a whisky soaked cake to go with me for the journey (it should help!)🎆

Antony

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

I knew a man who wanted to be buried at sea, and four people drowned digging the hole.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Chris_R »

They should have waited for the tide to go out!

faeton

Post by faeton »

Anyone found out how much they are asking for this car .

Dave

Reedweaver

Post by Reedweaver »

faeton wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm Anyone found out how much they are asking for this car .

Dave
£95,000 when I asked about 3 months ago.