Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

My DJ260 (Century) for sale

KenJM

My DJ260 (Century) for sale

Post by KenJM »

My Conquest Century for sale (ULJ 555, ex Alan Doig's, but mine since 2011) was put in the May Driving Member which attracted little response, so now advertised on Cars & Classics. For anyone that wants a Century, I think this should be high up the list of options. I have presently 5 Daimlers & 1 Lanchester in various states of repair, or disrepair, which is to many given my available space, is at least two too many, so some have to go. Of all these cars ULJ 555 is my current favourite to drive, but it has effectively just being replaced by a DQ450 (MM). First thoughts on driving the MM don't put the driving experience above the Century, the MM steering is ridiculously low geared, it seems that they took a Majestic non power steering steering box and simply added power assistance, which I have to say works very badly! I haven't driven it far yet, still sorting out issues. So perhaps this perception will change when I have the opportunity to drive it more. Took the Century out today and came back wondering why I've "upgraded" :o https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1341029

ULJ 555 SOLD 30 May 2021
Attachments
DSCF3914.jpg
DSCF1627LR.jpg
Last edited by KenJM on Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris_R
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: My DJ260 (Century) for sale

Post by Chris_R »

Hi, did you buy one of the MM's recently at auctions?

KenJM

Re: My DJ260 (Century) for sale

Post by KenJM »

No. I bought from Roger Bates, the car was first advertised in the Aug '19 DLOC magazine. Is a nice car & potentially a very nice car, but came with a few hopefully minor issues that I am currently working through to get it in good order. Was reassured after doing a compression test last weekend, which was all good. I did find all the spark plugs are effectively floating in oil, due to the plug tubes not being sealed at the bottom. Hopefully this explains the repetitive mis-firing it that was apparent. When I've resolved the mechanical issues I'll try to do a few lines for the magazine.