Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1932 16/20 SALOON TF 8047

AntonyB

1932 16/20 SALOON TF 8047

Post by AntonyB »

May be of interest - 1932 16/20 saloon reg. TF 8047 for sale https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1364624 , I have no idea as to whether good value or not, but looks a very well presented car, and although further information is promised, it apparently does have a very comprehensive service histoy.

Antony

Simon Hyslop

Re: 1932 16/20 SALOON TF 8047

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Very interesting, the DVLA record shows no MOTs and on SORN, and the colour is Grey but the blue paintwork looks nicely done. I wonder what registration number is under the plate at the front ? If someone's gone to the bother of having a nice cast letters plate specially made, why then have it rather obviously plonked on top of another plate? Having said that, the TF series ended in December 32 so April 32 seems just right. *

Personally I prefer the colour scheme to the LQ20 that's for sale but £8500 more ? Seems a lot in comparison if not in absolute terms.

* This isn't some wonderful memory feat on my part. It just so happens that a previous owner of a car had photocopied registration number county information from "The Trader Handbook" and left it with it. Great!

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

I know the car - in fact, before it was due to go under the hammer at Anglia Car Auctions in April 2013, I went to the then owner's home and got it all up and running for him, as it had stood for donkey's 'ears (as we say in Bermingum).

It fetched £18K. at the A.C.A. auction, and I nearly bought it, but had wind of a better one on the Isle of Man - which I eventually bought privately.

I assume it is still in the same condition as when I saw it eight years ago (and I believe it has changed ownership in the meantime) as it is still minus its Luvax dampers - and if so, it will still have its 2648cc sleeve valve engine, unless some Philistine has buchered it in the name of it becoming yet another wedding car.

There is still a auction promotional video on the 'net for the car - just Google: 1932 Daimler 16/20 (the other one, which will come up under the name of Bonhams Auction in 2004, is mine, sans restoration).

About 650 16/20's were built at a cost of about £750, mostly with Mulliner bodies (as is this one), of which I have researched and found five survivors in total so far.

Stan.

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

Thanks Stan, that video is really interesting. I thought the paint looked as if it had a bit of "age" to it, as opposed to just done, and it had that same number plate arrangement in 2013. Just shows how the internet retains records of things no doubt many would wish are forgotten...

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

The oldest "human" event still recorded on the internet is that of the discovery of a male suicide which occurred some 3850 years ago.

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

Stan Thomas wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:26 am The oldest "human" event still recorded on the internet is that of the discovery of a male suicide which occurred some 3850 years ago.
Presumably the body was still in the driver's seat, car in garage, locked from the inside.

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

No, he had a parchment betting slip in his hand which said: "Goliath to win - two hundred quid"

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

^ the consensus among archaeologists who examined the mummified body of that man, is that he died of a heart attack

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

This is the story of Goliath as directly translated from the Hebrew writings on the Dead Sea Scrolls:

Goliath was a giant among the Philistines a power.
His head came to the level with the top of Blackpool Tower,
The way he threw his weight about really made you sick,
'Till David came and smacked him in the gob with half a brick.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Err, come on chaps , we seem to have deviated from the original thread somewhat !! 🤣🤣

CheersAl 👍👍