Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Bonham’s Beaulieu Auction

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Bonham’s Beaulieu Auction

Post by Peter Grant »

Hi,
There are four Daimler’s up for auction next week at Bonham’s.
A very highly rated DB 18 Special Sports Lot 453 and then at 504, 505 and 506 three projects: an LQ3/20, a DE 36 and a V26 Straight Eight.
Something for the resolute!
Sorry havn’t got the link handy but just Google Bonhams Auctiions.
I am always surprised when these rare cars seem to materialise out of lock ups, barns and fields!
Peter Grant

New Dexter
Wise Man
Wise Man

Re: Bonham’s Beaulieu Auction

Post by New Dexter »

Looking at the V26 first one wonders why people allow a car to deteriorate so far. The DE36 seems to be missing air silencers among some other parts. It looks slightly better than the V26 though.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Bonham’s Beaulieu Auction

Post by Sydsmith »

Standing in a auction crowd a friend of mine made a similar comment and was met with, that's my uncles car, it was his pride and joy until his wife got cancer, then he lost his job caring for her, he had to give up his storage and its been outside since. She died last year, he died six months ago. I inherited it and I don't have the skills or the money to sort it, so I have to sell it and hope someone will value it again.

There is often a story behind a restoration project. Syd