Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

For Sale 1969 Daimler 250 V8

DAIMLERMAN100

For Sale 1969 Daimler 250 V8

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

I will give the the DLOC members first opportunity before listing it else where

For Sale 1969 Daimler 250 V8 Auto / Blue
or the Duchess An grand old Lady,

If your looking for a project over the winter months where most of the hard work has been carried out this may be for you

IT is with a reluctant Sale as i Would like to complete the Restoration of this fine old car
by what i can tell was built in December 1968 and registered in February of 1969 and sold to
Jack Sharp of Liverpool Ltd. i have some paper work history for the car over various years
she is classed as a historic vehicle as being 52 years old and doesn't need Mot or road fund tax as exempt

She is no rust bucket i can tell you
if she was i wont have have brought her in the first place
i have been working on cars as a hobby now for 40 years and getting to old and the wrong shape to be under cars
but i know a good one when i see it and this is

It,s just going to take to much if my time up as i all ready have a classic MG i have restored
and i will be fiddling with that for years more to come and could do with the garage space .

This is what i was told about the Daimler it had a restoration started on it around 10-15 years a go by two old boys
who was going to use it as a wedding hire car and spent 9k spent on body work and paint restoration.

All the welding has been done on the car and none is required
she then had a full respray by what i can tell in the original Daimler Blue colour
new Michelin tires fitted to the wire wheels looks like a new brake servo was fitted as their is a invoice for one

By all accounts the two old boys fell out over the cost of the or car
the car was then left for around ten years or more on a car lift in a garage after spending 9k on her restoration

the car was then sold on last year to a guy who came to an agreement with the old boys now in their 80s
to purchases the car and continue with the restoration.

The car had suspected head gasket failure and has had another set of heads sourced that was pressure tested and skimmed and new exhaust valves fitted ground in i have the old head and valves to prove this

he carried out work on the brakes and they work fine as i have driven the around the block once
he fitted new radiator /Battery / water hoses /distributor cap /Ht leads /plugs /coil /engine belts and stainless steel exhaust was fitted

the engine starts on the button and sounds strong but smokes he seamed to think this was down to the old petrol in the tank, i think it needs new rings i have carried out a compression test on the engine and is what i would expect for a car that has done 68729 miles
their is an oil leak not sure if it,s from the engine or Auto gearbox
unusual for a car from the 60s to leak oil ?

he was going to replace the rear window rubber seal but dint get round to it but new seal will be supplied with the car
i was told the water pump had been rebuilt and the carburetor had been rebuilt with new needle jets and springs their is a invoice for carburetor parts
the carbs need the be tuned and balanced set up.

He had kept the car at a family members garage to continue carry out the restoration work on the car
his family member had the sell the house due to illness so he lost his garage and parked it on his drive way for a few months he tried to continue with the restoration of the car then decided it would not be possible with out a garage to home the car in.
over this time some small patches of paint work will need attentions mostly on the roof of the car where it was under a car cover

I then brought the car from him with good intention to complete the restoration ,

the cars paint work has been machined polished and has come up really very well with a good shine
the chrome work was removed and polished up to the best it can and is in fair condition for being 52 years old
i have replaced the bonnet and boot rubber seals with new
all the exterior lights rubber gasket have been replaced and new original period black type number plates fitted
new front side light lights fitted and chrome head light spears.and many perished rubber parts replaced
hand brake calipers refurbished and brake fluid replaced as well as engine oil and filter
i have spent many hours and money getting the car looking as she is now
and now would like to have my life back so she up for sale.

The interior is by what i can tell is original and some of it will need refurbishing like the dash and head lining
i started cleaning the door cards and they came up really good
the seats will need some attentions but their is plenty of suppliers out their for all the parts for the car
like martin robey and aldridge trim and many more

the car will be supplied with a boot full of spare parts that came with the car .
Log book is in my name and will drive on to a trailer.

looking for £9,500
i will post pictures later to day when i have taken them .

Liveman500@yahoo.co.uk

in reading Berkshire near J12 of the M4
Last edited by DAIMLERMAN100 on Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

DAIMLERMAN100

Re: For Sale 1969 Daimler 250 V8

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

Re Some pictures of the Daimler
Attachments
SAM_6876.JPG
SAM_6880.JPG
SAM_6877.JPG
SAM_7028.JPG

DAIMLERMAN100

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

Looks like i can only post 4 pi,s at a time ?
Attachments
SAM_6957.JPG
SAM_6922.JPG
SAM_6918.JPG
SAM_6918.JPG (738.28 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
SAM_6906.JPG

DAIMLERMAN100

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

More pic,s
Attachments
SAM_6932.JPG
SAM_6930.JPG
SAM_6954.JPG
SAM_6934.JPG

DAIMLERMAN100

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

A few more
Attachments
SAM_7003.JPG
SAM_7005.JPG
SAM_7012.JPG
SAM_7008.JPG

DAIMLERMAN100

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

Re
Attachments
SAM_6990.JPG

DAIMLERMAN100

Post by DAIMLERMAN100 »

Sorry Guy,s
The car is no longer up for sale
i going to have a rest for a few weeks from the car and then continue with her over the winter months and take a look at the engine smoking issue
i think if i had sold the Daimler i would have regretted it afterwards
but many thanks for the interest shown .