Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

1937 Lanchester 14 on ebay AUS 441

bop

1937 Lanchester 14 on ebay AUS 441

Post by bop »

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: 1937 Lanchester 14 on ebay AUS 441

Post by ranald »

Sold for £6500. Engine partially dismantled.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Seems a good price for that one?

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Syd we are talking eBay until they pay the gold isn't banked you have seen it many times relisted.
Would be nice to see some models make more but I see hard times for the future will the bubble burst .

Norfolk Lad
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Norfolk Lad »

Syd hate this but back on this time £8000-00 SO THEY NEED MORE £6500-00 was it sold or not.
Peter

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Ebay don't do them selves any favours by limiting what and when things can be said about a sale on feedback. The system is stacked against honest buyers and sellers. Syd

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Ebay don't do them selves any favours by limiting what and when things can be said about a sale on feedback. The system is stacked against honest buyers and sellers. Syd

How does that happen? Don't think I posted it twice but it came up twice??????

marchesmark
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by marchesmark »

PLus all the shill bidding that goes on. Last year I was after an MGC, went to see one advertised on ebay at a very reasonable £16K starting price with no reserve. Car was good, not top notch but probably a bargain at £16K. I asked the seller what he would do if I was the only bidder and won at £16K. He told me outright he would get his brother to bid against me to force up the price to £20K, which was his minimum. When I said that was illegal, his response was 'So what?'.

Needless to say I ended up buying another car from a lovely chap in Tewkesbury. A bit more expensive, but a much better car. Here's a gratuitous pic:
001.JPG
Mark