Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Moving seat slides to gain more leg room

RogerA

Moving seat slides to gain more leg room

Post by RogerA »

Considering moving seat slides to gain more leg room . Has anyone experienced doing this modification or any other method.

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Re: Moving seat slides to gain more leg room

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

What's the car?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

By deduction, as Roger posted on the SP250/1 V8 250 section and the seat rails on my V8 250 would take me to the moon and back but the SP is made for humans with short legs, I recon he has an SP Nick :D

Vortex O'Plinth
Extra-Wise Man
Extra-Wise Man

Post by Vortex O'Plinth »

I suspect you're right Sid - it's one or the other, but my SP has the runners in original position and I have the seat back hard against the rear cushion. I don't have a problem with leg room and I'm 6' 3"....... :?
Nick

"Don't bother with the Air & Space Museum - there's nothing to see.......".

A.N.Other
Wide Man
Wide Man

Post by A.N.Other »

You can get seat runners from kit car suppliers at very reasonable prices.
Colin,
I may be slow but I’m rough as well !

RogerA

Post by RogerA »

Sp250 sorry for the confusion .
Just had the car upholstery finished with a Aldridge trim kit with the seats fitted for the first time .
The carpet thickness could be my problem as you mentioned the seat travel should go all the way back to the rear seat. Hopefully after your suggestions a easy fix .
Thanks for your contribution.

rogerharrop

Post by rogerharrop »

Hi Roger,

I had just the same problem after retrimming - I thought it was the carpet preventing the seats to go all the way back initially but it wasn't - I think just the reupholstered seats compared with the very tired and thin old ones.

There is a magic solution here https://forum.dloc.co.uk/viewtopic.php? ... ats#p31326 of brackets to recline the back a little. I put mine in a few weeks ago and they are perfect.

Roger