Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dynamator wiring question

fredinireland

Dynamator wiring question

Post by fredinireland »

I am fitting a Dynamator to my V8. The wiring from this to the battery needs upgrading. I am fusing the output cable where the regulator was and then running bigger cable to the ammeter then to battery/solenoid connection.
I had thought one of the heavy cables from B terminal off the regulator would got to the ammeter but I did a continuity test and one wire goes to ignition switch and the other goes to lighting switch so i don't know where to run the new cable for the charging circuit as neither of these cables are the same heavy gauge as the output from terminal B?
The workshop wiring diagram shows a direct link from regulator B terminal to the ammeter but I cannot trace this at all?
Anyone done this..

Ozzsp250

Re: Dynamator wiring question

Post by Ozzsp250 »

The SP250 is wired as you described, I did change to a Dynamator and added a "dummy" control box basically a 40 amp fuse. but can't recall how I completed the wiring. Give me a couple of days and I'll physically look at the wiring on the car and confirm what I did.

Ozzsp250

Post by Ozzsp250 »

I followed the instructions attached and all has worked well. I did change the pulley on the Dynamator to increase speed [smaller diameter].

The graphic is a separate source.

Good Luck
Attachments
Wiring.JPG
dummy_reg_box_instructions_2016_2(1).pdf
(62.06 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

fredinireland

Post by fredinireland »

Thank you. All done and working.