Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

SP Workshop Manual Wrong Again

Paulkennedy

Re: SP Workshop Manual Wrong Again

Post by Paulkennedy »

Hi Ian, I have to apologise, I did as you suggested and looked at my spare manifold and I agree with your findings.
Best Wishes Paul

Ian Hastings

Post by Ian Hastings »

Thank you Paul, at last someone agrees with me.

John. This has really nothing to do with the firing order but your last sentence is correct and you are now agreeing with me too.

daimlersteve
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by daimlersteve »

well, look at that will ya ?? quite so the second and fourth lines are reversed from correct.
Had never looked but knew the correct feed pattern in 1970 with my first SP.
Put that with the incorrect rear spring static setting that has caught many out .
Cheers

Paulkennedy

Post by Paulkennedy »

Ian, after our conversation of about a year ago, I have now managed to tune the SP where I can now achieve a plug colour of not black but just brown, this on no2 cylinder left and right and slightly lighter colour on no1 cylinder both sides. Does this match your plugs, I don't thick I can weaken the carbs anymore without getting poor pick up.
I would be interested on your thoughts.
Paul