Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Brake pipes - Dart

pflanaga

Brake pipes - Dart

Post by pflanaga »

I got a set of brake pipes made and they are for a RHD Dart, but my car is a LHD. I suspect that because all the calipers are connected to through the 5-way connector, the length of the pipes are the same for both RHD and LHD with the exception of the pipe from the master to the 5-way which is longer for the LHD Dart.

I guess this is true if the 5-way connector is on the RH side of the chassis on both RH and LH Darts.

Does anyone know if that is true?

Paul

silverdart

Re: Brake pipes - Dart

Post by silverdart »

Hi Paul, I believe you are correct.
I rebuilt a L H Dart about 25yrs. ago and I am pretty sure that was the case.
Just to clarify, there should be a tapped hole on the top face of the chassis just in front of the bulkhead to retain the 5 way fitting in place.
Hope this helps.

Dave.

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

Thanks Dave.

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Paul I guess you will know this but I hope you will not be using an old alloy five way, which are a total no. Syd

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

Thanks Syd. I have brass.

Paul

Patersoncm

Post by Patersoncm »

....and the alloy three way on the back axle.

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

Thanks I'm trying to remove the alloy 3-way right now and having a devil of a time. The nut on one of the brake pipes wont budge. Any suggestions?

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

It would have helped if I turned the nut in the right direction. Damn dyslexia.