Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Dart brake master cylinder

pflanaga

Dart brake master cylinder

Post by pflanaga »

I just rebuilt the clutch master and slave and now doing the brake master.

I noticed that the piston has two grooved recesses that appear to be for rubber seals however I only got one in the rebuild kit.
Attached is picture of the piston with the one seal in place.
Is the second groove such that it does not need a seal?
IMG_0810.jpg

Re: Dart brake master cylinder

Post by #100910 »

Hello Paul,
Likely that you've found your answer by now, here's the cutaway brake master drawing from the service manual. Can supply info the push rod forks if still needed too.
Brake Master Cutaway.JPG

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

Thanks Greg. This explains the issue. I received the wrong rebuild kit. The kit I got only has the two smaller seals.

Paul

pflanaga

Post by pflanaga »

Manners told me this morning that the original master cylinder rebuild kit has been replaced with the one I have and the third seal is not required. So I will go with that.

Paul