Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

DF310 front seat removal

Geoff

DF310 front seat removal

Post by Geoff »

I am trying to remove the front seats from my DF310 Sportsman but I am having no luck. The seats only slide back or forward a short distance , not enough to enable me to get at the screw at either end to try to release the runner, can anyone give me any advice as this has me completely baffled.

daimlerlover

Re: DF310 front seat removal

Post by daimlerlover »

Have you looked underneath the car to see if the seat runners are bolted to the floor? Many cars of this era had the front seats bolted directly to the floor, and you may be able to remove the seats by unbolting from underneath.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

I have had this problem in the past and found that I needed to keep lubricating the runners, moving the seat back and forward until I got more movement. One good point I was told is that when refitting the seat lubricate the runners but never use oil as this will dirty the carpets. Always use Vaseline.

Salmons

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

Thanks , I have now got them out, just a bit tight on the runners, needed a good push!!.