Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Anyone in the Somerset area?

GrahamH

Anyone in the Somerset area?

Post by GrahamH »

Is there anyone in the Somerset area that I could meet up with? I would like to look at another Consort and see what is missing/wrong with mine, in particular what type of heater valve is fitted and how?

Cheers

Graham
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Anyone in the Somerset area?

Post by John-B »

GrahamH wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:31 pm Is there anyone in the Somerset area that I could meet up with? I would like to look at another Consort and see what is missing/wrong with mine, in particular what type of heater valve is fitted and how?
Cheers
Graham
Trawl through the membership list for members living in the west country, like John Hitchins DB 18 owner in Somerset.
JT7196 in Yeovil would know some old Daimler owners. Ask him about Paul Chamberlain who, I think, lives near you in Burnham on Sea.
Mark Bullen DB 18 owner in Wiltshire.
AnthonyB , Somerset, used to have a Conquest.
Ivar Hellberg Daimler Roadster owner in Plymouth.
David Y Conquest owner in Newton Abbot.
Frankie&Ollie DB 18 in Poole.
Username: DEC Editor , Conquest owner in Southampton.
Consorts are a bit thin on the ground!

From DLOC membership list
George R tel. 01934 621445 Consort owner in Weston-Super-Mare.
Chris W tel. 01202 577951 Consort owner in Bournemouth Dorset.

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

I've also got
Bridgwater Somerset
Glastonbury Gloucestershire

Anywhere near? I can write to them (and John's suggestions above) and ask if they will agree to you getting in touch.
John's breaking his own rules there putting up phone numbers!
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Thanks all, yes these are all in my area (generally). I’ll message them and swap numbers, then I can arrange to meet up ....hopefully 👍🏻

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Hi Graham, can you ask the Bridgwater and Glastonbury owners if they would agree please. Also did you get the steering box off?

Cheers

Graham