Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

EL24

ron.rsp

EL24

Post by ron.rsp »

I would appreciate any thoughts as to whether I should replace my fuel lines with new or just leave alone.
I have put airline through and they seem to be ok.

Ron.

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: EL24

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

If you are considering replacing the fuel lines go for stainless steel.
With the government pushing for more ethanol in petrol you might as well go for something that is resistant.

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Thank's for the advice Marcel, I will look into.

Ron

JedFurneaux

Post by JedFurneaux »

Stainless steel is an excellent material but not easy to bend. You should have rubber somewhere in the fuel lines to prevent vibration cracking metal pipes and you can buy rubber petrol hose that is ethanol proof. Also copper is not affected by ethanol and is easy to bend.

mickeytwonames

Post by mickeytwonames »

Just go back in

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Unless the original fuel line is showing signs of corrosion I would replace any rubber sections with ethanol proof rubber and stick with what you have, the original is far better quality than you will buy today, in my opinion. Syd

ron.rsp

Post by ron.rsp »

Thanks for all suggestions, I think you are right Syd even when you put the hacksaw to some of what looks to a bad old steel
it always appears harder to cut and it can surprise you as to how bright and clean it can be at times!
Ron.