Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Tyres

GrahamH

Re: Tyres

Post by GrahamH »

I’ve just bought 4 Maxxis tyres, delivered tomorrow I hope so I’ll get them fitted and let you know how they are👍🏻
1951 Daimler DB18 Consort

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Did you get them on Graham?
and did you get new tubes too?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

Hi Graham, yes they came and are on the car, huge improvement, steers much better now and feels nice, the tyre centre recommended 36psi so that’s what’s in them at the moment, I’ll experiment with different pressures and see what difference it makes👍🏻
Why do you run yours at such a high pressure?

GrahamH

Post by GrahamH »

I bought tubeless tyres as that is what was on the car however when changing they found there were tubes in them, apparently you can’t fit tubes into tubeless tyres now so I’ve got 4 spare tubes if anyone wants them👍🏻

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Hi Graham
I'm surprised the wheels hold air as they weren't built for tubeless. I have retained tubes in my tubeless. Time will tell I guess.
I was advised to run mine at 45psi as they are built for a heavier vehicle, I'll try them at 36 and see if I can notice any difference.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)