Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Daimler conquest shock absorbers

lotuselite

Daimler conquest shock absorbers

Post by lotuselite »

I have a Lanchester 14 (1953) and am trying to find the specification of the rear shock absorbers. I think it is pretty much identical to the Daimler Conquest and wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction or indeed tell me where I could buy a pair. Many thanks.

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: Daimler conquest shock absorbers

Post by migray »

The manual states they are Girling DAS.6/40 NF
The old forum has a post by Martin Lunn which says the rear shockers are

1 - 0696 - 27
BOGE
7 - A - 3
I think these are all identifying marks on a Boge shock absorber.
I have struggled to find equivalents that are available however.
Did you get some for the front, and were they okay?

lotuselite

Re: Daimler conquest shock absorbers

Post by lotuselite »

Thanks again for your help. I got the fronts and they were fine although I did have to open up the lower fixing by about 0.5mm. A bit sad they have to come from Germany! I'll let you know what I am able to find. Regards David