Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

E20 Luvax Bijur Chassis Lubrication

headlight37

E20 Luvax Bijur Chassis Lubrication

Post by headlight37 »

Hello to all enthusiasts,

Today I am asking for support on the Luvax Bijur Chassis Lubrication System,

The diaphragm pump no longer works, the fault is in the screwed-on diaphragm unit. So far we have not opened the tightly closed housing.
The service manual recommends "replacing with a new one". An Israeli article recommended ordering a new diaphragm from "Mike Calderie", but I haven't found a contact yet.

Is there a tip for me? How did you solve the problems with the membrane unit? Does anyone have experience with repairing such diaphragm unit? I would like to keep the central lubrication and not switch to manual lubrication.

Many thanks in advance!
Joern
Attachments
Lubrication System .jpg
20210624_224353(1).jpg

Simon Hyslop

Re: E20 Luvax Bijur Chassis Lubrication

Post by Simon Hyslop »

If you contact Mike Couldry at Meteor Spares - 0115 9811222 UK phone - and ask for his M103 - Luvax pump repair diaphragm - £37.50 + VAT and postage but possibly dearer now if prices have gone up, hopefully he will be able to help you.

headlight37

Re: E20 Luvax Bijou Chassis Lubrication

Post by headlight37 »

..thank you very much for this tip, which I am happy to follow,
Best regards, Joern

elementary

Post by elementary »

Good afternoon Joern

I have the same problem with the chassis Lube pump on my E20, with the diaphragm seemingly allowing air/vacuum to pass.

Did you have any success with Meteor Spares, I have just sent an email to them?

If you have completed the job, I was wondering how you gained access to the diaphragm and sealed it up afterwards.

I have some ideas but any advice you can give would be really helpful.

Best Regards
Clive

headlight37

Post by headlight37 »

Unfortunately, I only discovered your request now in the forum and did not find the email. Therefore, I apologise for the late response.
The repair of the pump unit went well.
I sent in the entire pump unit and received it back work well after about 3 weeks.
My question about the repair procedure was not answered for reasons of company secret.
Good luck and best regards
Joern

elementary

Post by elementary »

Good morning Joern

Thanks for your reply, I had plans of how I could disassemble the valve, but all would fail if I could not obtain a new diaphragm, I therefor contacted Meteor and received an exchange unit.
Hope your E20 is going well.

Best regards
Clive