Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Type t fuel pump

raybanky

Type t fuel pump

Post by raybanky »

Hi Folks,

I'm having a problem with my 1937 Lanchester RoadRider type T fuel delivery pump.

I have checked the diaphragm and it is intact and in good condition and it delivers fuel to carburettor
when I depress the manual fuel delivery lever and I can keep the engine running but, when I stop manually
delivering fuel the engine stops.

Am I correct in thinking that the problem must be wear on the fuel pump camshaft arm?

Can anyone suggest a possible solution besides buying a replacement pump?

Please help if you can.

Ray B. :)

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: Type t fuel pump

Post by JT7196 »

Hi Ray, sounds as if the actuating arm may have fractured, so remove the pump and take a look, I very much doubt that the arm would have worn enough to-enable it to loose contact with the camshaft.

Cheers Al :)

raybanky

Post by raybanky »

Thank you Al for your comments. I have had the pump off many times and can confirm
that the actuating arm is intact and isn't showing much appreciable wear.

I have been trying for some considerable time to purchase a replacement pump but, I can't find one!

If anyone reading this has a spare Type T pump for sale I would be delighted to hear from them.

I need to solve this anoying problem soon as I have classic car shows in the offing and don't want to miss them!

My thanks in advance.

Ray B.

ranald
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by ranald »

Ray, I’ve just sent you an email. Regards, Ranald

raybanky

Post by raybanky »

I'm pleased to report that I have resolved the problem with my Type T fuel pump.

My sincere thanks to all those who offered advice.

Ray B.

Peter Grant
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Peter Grant »

Ray,
That is great news.
What was the problem?
Cheers
Peter G

mikemillen

Post by mikemillen »

raybanky wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:26 pm I'm pleased to report that I have resolved the problem with my Type T fuel pump.
My sincere thanks to all those who offered advice.
Ray B.
Hi Ray,

I realise this is a very old message, but I'm having the exact same problem with the Type T pump on my LD10.
I'd love to know what you found and/or how you resolved the problem.