Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Radiator refurbishment

sp250boy

Radiator refurbishment

Post by sp250boy »

Anybody got any suggestions who to use to get a radiator re-cored?
An idea on cost would be useful too
Required for my Lanchester La11 1939

Best Regards
It is a Lanchester

classiclife
Classic Wise Man
Classic Wise Man

Re: Radiator refurbishment

Post by classiclife »

Probably a bit far for you, but this chap is one of the best craftsman out there; his work is superb and prices are very sensible:

Bryan & Son in Tunbridge Wells, Kent - 01892.544.635

He and his wife do all the work in their little premises and many of the VSCC brigade make them their first port of call.

I've used them on numerous occasions for rads, heater matrix and fuel tanks.

I mentioned him in the current DM issue - covering the East Sussex monthly report.

Regards.

Richard.
1968 Daimler V8-250 Saloon
DLOC East Sussex Branch Secretary
DLOC 2.5L V8 & V8-250 Registrar - https://www.dloc.org.uk/v8-250
DLOC 2024 International Rally - https://www.dloc.org.uk/rally-2024

Warsash 2

Post by Warsash 2 »

I had the sp one done at Readyrads 106-112 Emily Street Highgate Birmingham B12 OSL.
They were very good and used a modern matrix.
Colin

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Petelang »

There must be a local Coolex Branch, formerly Serk Marston. They re-cored my V8-250 radiator and it was an excellent job. Never had any cooling problem since, even in traffic on very hot days and no need for additional fans.
Peter
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

Graham

Post by Graham »

Just had mine done at applied radiators, they made a good job, cost me £260

sp250boy

Post by sp250boy »

Thanks Graham,

Stupid question:

My Radiator assembly is off the Lanchester, but how do I remove the chrome surround.

There are countersunk screws on the top and sides that I have removed but the surround is still fixed to the radiator assembly.

The headlight arms, stalks seem to holding the chrome surround in place, how do I remove them?

Sorry if its a stupid question but I don't want to damage anything trying to get the chrome surround off.

Thanks in advance...
It is a Lanchester

Graham

Post by Graham »

I have a lj200. No part of the radiator is fastened to the surround, it all bolts onto the cradle that surrounds the radiator. I just removed the bolts from the cradle or frame, removed the hose and lifted it out, no need to remove any bodywork. Maybe you think the frame is part of the radiator , if I’m wrong, maybe some with the same model can help you, or search the archives on here. Good luck

sp250boy

Post by sp250boy »

Sorry this is 1939 Lanchester LA11

The chrome surround is attached to the Radiator and I'm struggling to see how it comes apart..
It is a Lanchester

john riggy

Post by john riggy »

I removed the radiator on my 12/6 last year to clean the blocked rad and i think your setup bay be the same.
The rad was screwed to the surround but had to remove whole as an assembly. This meant removing the headlamp bar by unbolting the one bracket under the wing and unscrewing the bracket and then unscrewing bar from opposite bracket, bar has Lh and Rh threads. Bottom of the rad was held by two studs with nuts under the cradle, undo top tie bars and lift out, rad and shell can then be separated.
Hope this is not to late and is of some help.
If any more info wanted call me 07810322352