Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 Bakelite Spark plug cover, teardrop embellishers and body trims

Amitava Saha

LD10 Bakelite Spark plug cover, teardrop embellishers and body trims

Post by Amitava Saha »

Hello to all,

I am from Calcutta, India and own a LD10 since 1946. The car is an early Briggs body Chassis No. L60050. I am searching for the bakelite sparkplug cover, the pair of teardrop embellishers on front wings and the two smallest body trims on pillar A.

Please help me to get these items.

Regards
Amitava Saha

John-B
Site Admin

Re: LD10 Bakelite Spark plug cover, teardrop embellishers and body trims

Post by John-B »

Welcome to the forum.

If you have owned a car since 1946 you must be our oldest member :D

I have notified the DLOC registrar for LD10 cars Adrian Hanwell and I hope he will be able to help you.

Amitava Saha

Post by Amitava Saha »

Thank you John!

I am in touch with Mr. Adrian Hanwell since 2018 and he has been instrumental in providing most of the parts that i have asked for. I have even asked for the items i have mentioned in the forum but he does not have those.

Regarding my car i would say we never bought it, but it was deputed for an Englishman who came here in Calcutta to serve in the Government pre-independence in India. When he was called back in England he left back this car which still sported a Wales number plate on Calcutta roads!! Later my great grand uncle being a friend of his got the car as token of gift and later registered here in Calcutta, thus the Wales registration was revoked.

Thanks and Regards
Amitava Saha

John-B
Site Admin

Post by John-B »

We have many other members here with LD10s, usernames DavidB tailgunsam frenchy irvroberts Bowedw Simon Hyslop triddell Eric990j JRR Jamesgeary steve h micgou Bobfuller JohnBa

Ask any of these forum members and have a look at this website:
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk/

Adrian Hanwell

Post by Adrian Hanwell »

Dear Amitava,
..... Asking for those parts on the forum was a good idea. Hopefully, someone will respond. If anyone is worried about sending stuff abroad, they can send the bits to me in Scarborough Yorkshire and I will include them in my next package to you in India. Postage will work out cheaper that way.
Take care, stay safe and keep well.
Best Wishes from Adrian.
---------- ********** ----------
Adrian Hanwell

Dear All.
..... I still have lots of L.D.10. parts, but half are still in Brentwood and the other half are in a garage about a mile away from me in Scarborough. It may take me some considerable amount of time to find anything that you need. Headlamps, Pass-lamps for Briggs cars, 8" fog-lamps for Barker cars, brand new tool-bags (to contain the tool roll, oil and grease guns and the jack etc), brake shoes, some brake linings and radiators are stashed in my attic, so those are easier for me to find. My contact details are in the Driving Member magazine "officials page".
Take care, stay safe and keep well.
Best Wishes from Adrian.
Adrian Hanwell

Amitava Saha

Post by Amitava Saha »

Dear Adrian,

Thank you for your response. Let me wait for the reply from the other members if they have anything to share with me. If things work out I will request you to collect it on my behalf and send me the items alongwith the other items.

Stay safe, keep well.

Regards
Amitava Saha