Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LA10 Manuals and Technical Drawings

lilykill

LA10 Manuals and Technical Drawings

Post by lilykill »

Hi all, I have only just joined this forum after buying a LA10 project and I have been able to find a wealth of information which I greatly appreciate all the members for contributing to but I have also found a lot of information that would help being 'siloed'. One such element is the user/maintenance manuals and handbooks. With these being quite rare now and I've seen any people saying if you need one just go on ebay or look at an auto jumble, well that work if you can find one but that only helps that one person and not this community. With a forum dedicated to these vehicles I suggest anyone that does have one to scan it and upload or host it so everyone can have a copy and we can all help each other a lot more. If you cannot host it or upload it then I will host it for you if the send me the files as it will still help everyone at the end of the day.

For my first steps I have scanned my handbook as well the large lubrication pull out in the back and am hosting it on my Dropbox here - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rtygac0u6fs7 ... 6ddEa?dl=0

I have also started to draw up any parts that I know can be made yourself like gaskets or any parts I think might need to be documented coming off the car that might be difficult to impossible to get in the future. I plan to do the same for any plywood pieces I replace and the glass when I get round to it. I know the tolerances of these cars will mean they wouldn't be a direct replacement between every car but its would be at least a good reference for anyone doing the same job.
Attachments
timing gasket.JPG
BRAKE SHOE MOCKUP DRAWING.JPG

Marcel Renshaw
Man of Many Parts
Man of Many Parts

Re: LA10 Manuals and Technical Drawings

Post by Marcel Renshaw »

You may save yourself some time and effort as the DLOC have already scanned many manuals and made them available to members as digital downloads.

JT7196
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by JT7196 »

Yes and a lot cheaper than those that you may find on Ebay !!
With due respect, you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble doing a superb drawing of the Timing cover gasket, when all you need to do, it place the Gasket paper over the casing , using a small Ball-peen Hammer , you can tap the holes out , and then mark around the casing and cut out the shape.
I know, Ive done it quite a few times ,as others on this website will confirm !!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
Cheers Al,πŸ‘

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

As Marcel has said, we have a comprehensive digital library and if you were to join the DLOC you have free access to them.
Graham Emmett Β¦ DLOC Chairman Β¦ chair@dloc.co.uk Β¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

lilykill

Post by lilykill »

JT7196 wrote: ↑Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:22 pm Yes and a lot cheaper than those that you may find on Ebay !!
With due respect, you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble doing a superb drawing of the Timing cover gasket, when all you need to do, it place the Gasket paper over the casing , using a small Ball-peen Hammer , you can tap the holes out , and then mark around the casing and cut out the shape.
I know, Ive done it quite a few times ,as others on this website will confirm !!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘πŸ‘
Cheers Al,πŸ‘
I understand what you mean but the gaskets were just a quick one as I had them to hand. I will be doing any mechanical/wood items I take off or replace. The ones I'm currently working on is the wood floor and all the plywood pieces that make up the front of car around the bulkhead as I need to replace it all.