Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LA10 rear axle rebound straps

lilykill

LA10 rear axle rebound straps

Post by lilykill »

Looking for some information of what material the rear axle rebound straps are made of and can an original material be sourced or is a modern equivalent the only way?

It looks like a woven hessian strap and I've tried to find an equivalent but nothing as thick as the original. I think a modern equivalent would be to use a length of cargo webbing in the same colour and cut it to length.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Petelang
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Re: LA10 rear axle rebound straps

Post by Petelang »

I replaced the ones on my Daimler fifteen last year and obtained off ebay the right width strap from a Land Rover. They were too long but it was simple enough to cut down the length.
Peter Langridge
Cloud Nine Classic Weddings, Nottingham.

lilykill

Re: LA10 rear axle rebound straps

Post by lilykill »

Petelang wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:50 pm I replaced the ones on my Daimler fifteen last year and obtained off ebay the right width strap from a Land Rover. They were too long but it was simple enough to cut down the length.
Ok thats great. I've ordered some and they look pretty close to what should be there. Thanks for the help.