Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 Dynamo bracket

mikemillen

LD10 Dynamo bracket

Post by mikemillen »

Can someone tell me how the top adjustable arm for the dynamo is fitted, please?

I'd like to know whether the engine end of the arm is bolted in front (nearest the radiator) of the plate attached to the engine or is it behind the plate, i.e. nearest the rear of the car?

Similarly, does the arm sit on the radiator side of the dynamo flange or behind it?

My arm is sitting in front of the dynamo (radiator side), but I suspect that is wrong.

triddell

Re: LD10 Dynamo bracket

Post by triddell »

Mine is behind on the dynamo, and in front on the block.
Tom

mikemillen

Post by mikemillen »

triddell wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:32 pm Mine is behind on the dynamo, and in front on the block.
Tom
Thanks, Tom.

I didn't think mine was correct... now I know for sure.
The arm has been bent further than it should be in order to reach the front side of the dynamo flange... I've no idea why.

migray
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by migray »

From the manual
Attachments
ld10engine.png

mikemillen

Post by mikemillen »

Now that's embarassing!

I've just checked my copy of the manual and, sure enough, there's the same photograph, clearly showing the bracket behind the flange. :-)
I also found another shot from the front in the "Suspension" section that shows the bracket running behind the dynamo.

Mind you, they don't confirm that the arm is bolted in front of the engine front plate, but Tom has done that for me.