Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 Gear change.

DavidB

LD10 Gear change.

Post by DavidB »

Hi, can anybody help. I've lost all gears. The gear change pedal works correctly on all gears except reverse where the gear pedal does not return to the low, engaged position, but comes out fully. With the back wheels of the ground and the gear engaged the road wheels turn slowly but won't drive the car when the wheels on the road. Anybody any thoughts.

mikemillen

Re: LD10 Gear change.

Post by mikemillen »

Excuse me if I'm stating the obvious, but have you checked the fluid flywheel oil level?

I assume the propshaft is turning at 5x the road wheel speed, and it's not an axle problem.

If neither of the above, then I'd start by removing the gearbox cover and seeing if it looks OK when you change gears.

triddell

Re: LD10 Gear change.

Post by triddell »

I wouls suspct the flywheel oil level. On mine, if the flywheel oil has become too low, then the transmission does not make the characteristic whining noise in neutral (or takes longer before it makes it) when you first start the car. Insufficient oil (because mine has a slow leak on the seal) progressively makes the flywheel less effective until in the end it won't drive the car forward at all.
Tom