Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

LD10 Battery

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

LD10 Battery

Post by grahamemmett »

My apologies, somewhat of a lazy question as I should be able to find the answer somewhere, but.....

Can anybody tell me what battery I need for an LD10?
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)

watkindj
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Re: LD10 Battery

Post by watkindj »

Darren
South Cambridgeshire
XJ Registrar &
LD10 Registrar
LD10 Website Webmaster Incorporating (Worldwide Lanchester LD10 Register)
http://ld10.awardspace.co.uk

Simon Hyslop

Post by Simon Hyslop »

You'll probably find nearly as many answers as there are LD10s on the road. For what it is worth, my one has a 069 battery in it. I've owned the car for 6 years and so the battery will be 7 years old now. The one thing I would say particularly in favour of it is that you can reach the two terminals from the cut-out in the floor under the back seat specifically provided by the makers for this purpose. The same should apply to another battery with the same dimensions, such as a 072.

From memory, the 069 was the lesser capacity version of the 072, same physical size but less plates. Having said that, a 072 I bought some years ago didn't last the 11-12 + years I sort of now consider "normal" for decent batteries but maybe that was an exception. Hard to say with battery makes. The really cheap ones do seem to be really only fit for being an emergency purchase when a battery fails and a prospective customer is coming soon and the car has to make it to the end of the road(only joking of course). I've seen an equal number of failures with all the most expensive ones irrespective of how good they are supposed to be and some of the middle of the road stuff can last a long time.

That reminds me of the old joke. It won't mean much if you don't remember the band :

"I saw Middle of the Road the other day"

"Oh, where were they ?"

"Trying to get parked"

Brian-H
Very Wise Man
Very Wise Man

Post by Brian-H »

Simon Hyslop wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:13 pm That reminds me of the old joke. It won't mean much if you don't remember the band :

"I saw Middle of the Road the other day"

"Oh, where were they ?"

"Trying to get parked"
:lol: I remember them, I didn't dare tell anyone at school at the time, but I thought soley soley was great (I liked Led Zep too, strange eclectic tastes I had)

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Buy the biggest amp hour battery (AH) that will fit and has the right terminals and what ever you do avoid Halfords own brand batteries. Given the choice, cost wise, buy something like a Bosch, yes they are twice the price but more than half the trouble, cheap batteries are a menace and will give you nothing but problems gong forward.

Try a local motor factor, they often work out cheaper than the big boys, ours here certainly do and they will be so much more knowledgeable and helpful. If you are a regular, they will often give a discount. Syd

grahamemmett
Chief Geek
Chief Geek

Post by grahamemmett »

Thanks Chaps. All taken on board and I'm off to Fast Parts.
Graham Emmett ¦ DLOC Chairman ¦ chair@dloc.co.uk ¦ 07967 109160
Northwich, Cheshire
DB18 1949 LCV522 (Yes that one with the P100s)