Please visit the Club's website https://www.dloc.org.uk/ to join. Visit https://www.dloc.org.uk/adhoc to DONATE towards the cost of the forum.
Please don't post someone's email address to avoid it being harvested by spambots and it's against GDPR regulations.
Always look at "ACTIVE TOPICS" to see all posts in date & time order as they are sometimes moved; or look at "Your Posts".
Please add Reg. nrs. when posting a photo or anything about a car as this will help searches. Don't add punctuation next to nr. as this negates search.
CHANGED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS since registering?, click your username and check your address in User Control Panel, Profile, Account Settings.
If you want help to register, use "contact us" at page bottom for help.

Three things from the 1920's and 30's

Website Comments, instructions for REGISTERING and POSTING, Chat about anything
Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Three things from the 1920's and 30's

Post by Stan Thomas »

Happy new year to everyone!

Now - can anyone think of three definative settings which would feature a Daimler car in the 1920's and 30's - such as a picnic, a wedding - or whatever, other than a funeral?

P.S.
Why I ask is because the man who invented the spell-checker has just died, and his funrale is next Mundee.

John-B
Site Admin

Re: Three things from the 1920's and 30's

Post by John-B »

There were probably a few in the procession at the coronation of King George VI following the gold coach, but I can't find any images.

Salmons
Helpful Person
Helpful Person

Post by Salmons »

There are many photos in Brian Smith's books, not all in Adverts, Royal occasions etc. Also a whole procession at King George 5Th's funeral he died in December 1936. George 6th died in 1952.

Salmons

Sydsmith
Extremely Wise Man
Extremely Wise Man

Post by Sydsmith »

Happy motoring in 2020 Stan, what about a Taxi and an Ambulance. Syd

Stan Thomas
Wise Man
Wise Man

Post by Stan Thomas »

Sounds a good idea Sid - in fact there was an off-shoot company for many years called Daimler Hire which would provide a car and driver by the hour, day or week - in fact you could even hire a car and driver for your holidays - and believe it or not - if you wanted a sleeve valve car the rates were higher!! I kid you not! (probably to pay for the oil)

Stan.

h.j.thomassen

Post by h.j.thomassen »

From my collection of saved eBay sales webpages:
Daimler Hire tariff 1936 - 1
Daimler Hire tariff 1936 - 2

hendrik-jan